Friday, November 15, 2013

{ Halloween 2013 }

Pretend with me, for a moment, that it is not already the middle of November. Literally the middle.
 
*gulp*
 
Pretend it's November first and it's still cool to talk about what you did for Halloween, k?
 
K. Our friends Luke and Joanna threw a Halloween party. Joanna is pregnant with their first baby {he and Jellybean share a due date by some calculations, by others Jellybean is due five days later}, and in spite of the fact that I'm not "into" Halloween, I was excited to go because you just never know how many opportunities you may have to dress up a pregnant belly in a costume. However, I couldn't figure out anything to "be" that I really liked...
 
...until Mike's parents came home from a trip to LA and gave him a luchador mask.
 
I will be Nacho Libre.
 
Yesss!!
 
Now, I am not a Jack Black fan--matter of fact, I can't stand him except in Nacho Libre, which is doubly ironic because I love that movie. It is one of the funniest I've ever seen, and in it Jack Black is perfectly brilliant. Absolutely spot-on.
 
So, without further ado, allow me to introduce to you Nacho Libre, a leetle Mexican orphan, and the very well-dressed {obviously wealthy and highly successful} luchador who accompanied them:
 

Lainie's little dress was also a gift from Mike's parents, from this same LA trip. Little did they know they were outfitting 2/3 of our family for a Halloween party!

 
Lainie was super excited to see her friend Julia. For some reason she found the popcorn in Julia's cup much tastier then the popcorn in her cup, so poor Julia {aka Marathon Baby} found most of her snacks were consumed by Mexican Orphan.

 
Somebody asked if we put makeup on Lainie's face to make her look dirty...nope, she just falls down and bruises her face a lot.
{Don't you love Olive the dog's face here?! "Please can I have some of your food? Please please please?"}

 
Four of the five pregnant women who came that night: me, Joanna as Paula Deen, Kristina as Facebook, and Krissy as a marathon runner.
 
Shhhh...don't tell, but it was my first time ever dressing up for Halloween, and it was actually fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment